So from listening to people over the past few weeks, here's what I've been able to determine:
1) Teachers are the salt of the earth
2) There are no bad or lazy teachers
3) Teachers make way less than they should for the amount of work that they do
4) Teachers offered the government a wage freeze (even though, as per #3 above, they make way less than they should for the amount of work that they do) and they really, honestly, truly would have gone through with it, but the big bad mean government said no
5) We have far better working conditions today thanks to teachers unions and we are on the verge of losing 100 years of progress because Dalton decided to say no to the teachers unions
6) Teachers are highly skilled and are responsible for our kids' development, so don't go comparing them to auto workers, or horse breeders, or doctors, or other people who've had trouble with the government in the past
Now, for extra fun, reverse the above arguments.
Example: "Teachers are the salt of the earth" becomes "Dalton is the salt of the earth (who doesn't age, who married his high school sweetheart, etc)"
"We have far better working conditions thanks to teachers unions" becomes "The Ontario Liberals are Moving Ontario Forward"
"There are no bad or lazy teachers" becomes "Dwight Duncan, Deb Matthews, Chris Bentley, Laurel Broten, and the rest of Dalton's cabinet still deserve their jobs"
Oooooh boy. This isn't going to end well.